Blake Contractors Ltd.
Building and Electrical contractors, Southend, Essex
GDPR – Privacy Notice
From small beginnings in 1979 as sole trading electricians in Southend, Essex, over the years, Blake Contractors Ltd has expanded to incorporate a separate property maintenance / general building works department and alarm and security division Blake Fire & Security Systems alongside the original Blake Electrical contractors. Blake Contractors Ltd is a One stop shop for building and electrical work. We can handle (almost) anything from small repairs to complete refurbishments, both internally and externally and for domestic or commercial properties.
Data Protection Officer
Under the regulation, Blake Contractors Ltd does not require a Data Protection Officer however, our senior data controller can be contacted on:
Tel: 01702 447800.
The data that Blake Contractors Ltd will process on your behalf are as follows:
- First Name
- Last name
- Email Address
- Job role
- Company Name
- Telephone Number
- Opt in Preferences
- IP Address
- Bank Account details
- Survey Responses
- Technical Data
Our Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
We will process your data securely under the following legal basis:
- We require a name, address, telephone number, email address for secure identification whilst we are dealing with and processing your enquiry with us.
- We require contact details to arrange site visits and be able to remain in contact so that we can update you on current works.
- We could eventually need current Bank account details so that we are able to process payments for works and future works completed.
Legitimate interests pursued by us or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Your contact details may be shared with some third parties who provide services to you via our reseller services. This would be so that we can provide the best service possible and would only request contact details if required to provide that service. For example, we use Southern Monitoring services to support our Monitored Intruder and fire alarm systems, they will ask us to supply full contact details so that they can monitor the property by either contacting clients if there is a fault, to dispatching police if there is a break in.
Special Categories of Personal Data
- We do not store or hold any ‘special’ or personal data such as driving license, passport, or national insurance number.
- We may ask to ‘view’ an item of ‘special’ personal data if being asked to hand over sensitive data and we are required to identify an authorised recipient to prevent a data breach
Blake Contractors Ltd will process personal data for a maximum of 7 years to coincide with HMRC and accounting records. Please see below a list of Data that can be held and its Retention length:
|Types of Data||Retention Length|
|Letters of Request||12 Years after Request & Permanent microfilmed Record|
|Signed Forms of Nomination||12 Years after Request & Permanent microfilmed Record|
|Notification of Change of Address||3 yrs.|
|All contracts with: Customers, suppliers and agents||10 yrs. After Expiry|
|Any Other Agreement or contract||10 yrs. After Expiry|
|Contact details kept on personal files (e.g. card index, MS Outlook)||Until it is apparent the person is no longer in the named location|
|Personal Information of any sort on a webpage or site||No longer than the period specifically agreed with the individual|
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, you will have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Blake Contractors Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You do have the right to complain
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Specific Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information online
This privacy notice tells you how we, Blake Contractors Ltd, will collect and use your personal data from our secure contact form which is accessible from the website. The data that comes through from the online forms will first be sent to HubSpot which is our management system we use for the website to monitor enquires and lead generation forms Finally, that information is then sent to us which will then be stored in our Cash management system, so that we can contact you with regards to any future works and business that you have with Blake Contractors Ltd. We can at any point remove the data if requested and all storage systems are secured using passwords, and only using authorised personnel. Please see the links in the Table below as they will take you to the correct sites if you wish to find out more information
Why does Blake Contractors Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
For us to provide you any level of service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Blake Contractors Ltd would contact you for additional consent, unless you have formerly ticked the consent option on our contact form.
How to opt out of Receiving Marketing communications
Will Blake Contractors Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Blake Contractors Ltd during dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Blake Contractors Ltd’s policies & procedures.
How will Blake Contractors Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Blake Contractors Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Blake Contractors Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Blake Contractors Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Blake Contractors Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely.
The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
Blake Contractors Ltd accepts any of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving licence
- Another form for ID which leaves no doubt of the data owner
Blake Contractors Ltd will not pass on your data to third parties without first obtaining consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data as a part of processing activities:
|Third Party||Country||Safeguards in place to protect your Personal data:||Retrieve a copy of your safeguards here:|
|HubSpot||EU & US||Password policies||https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy|
|Drift||US||Encryption & Password Policies||https://www.drift.com/privacy-policy/|
|Lollipop local (Website Management & Digital Marketing)||EU||Encryption and Password Policies||https://www.lollipoplocal.co.uk/privacy-policy-1|
|Cash (Data management systems)||EU||Password Policies||http://www.mentorbs.com/privacy-policy.php|
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed or stored by Blake Contractors Ltd (or its third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority which is the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
Please send any initial complaints to: email@example.com or contact directly on tel: 01702 613641